Macavity's a mystery cat,
He's called the Hidden Paw.
For he's a master criminal,
Who can defy the law.
He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard,
The Flying Squad's despair.
For when a crime's discovered, then
Macavity's not there.
(T.S. Eliot)
I was simultaneously amused, inrigued and terrifed when, pulling into my parking space behind the house a few weeks ago, I saw this monstrosity staring down at me from the neighbour's garage roof. I immediately dashed into the house to get the camera, certain that never again would I get such a good opportunity to capture purest evil in photographic form.
I mean, what the dickens is THAT??! I would be too terrified to sleep at night if I was the owner of that thing! I am tempted to use the picture as a disciplinary tool at school. Even the rowdiest class would be reduced to silent whimpering by the sight of such a hideous monster.
I have not seen this cat near the house either before or since. Perhaps it was a visitation from the Underworld. Perhaps it never existed at all, and was some form of nightmarish apparition. Either way, I hope that, whilst staring at it in a state of morbid, transfixed awe, it didn't steal my soul.

3 comments:
Cats are all from the underworld - evil creatures that are just waiting for the right time to take over and hell on earth. Unfortunately they're too stupid and lazy to be very effective. But maybe that one has been sent specially to awake all the world's cats from their slumber and rally them together. You think you can't herd cats? I bet that beast can. I'd be very, very afraid.
Aaarrrrrgggghhhh!
Dogs are way better.
Post a Comment